Planting Goji Berry
- Plant in a sunny spot, 1m apart.
- They will thrive in most soils and are best trained along a fence or trellis in beds, and borders.
- If growing in pots, choose a fairly large pot with good drainage. You may need to re-pot as the plant grows.
Growing Tips & Pruning Advice
- Keep them well watered in the first year, reducing this to a good, weekly watering during prolonged dry spells only from the second year onwards.
- Apply a mulch in winter.
- Prune lightly in early spring by removing any dead shoots, and give them a general tidy-up if training against a fence.
- It will start producing berries in its second or third year.
- Berries start to ripen in autumn and can be harvested throughout the winter.
- Only eat the berries when they are bright red.