Skip to main content
- Plant chokeberry bushes 1m apart in moist, well-drained soil in full sun or partial shade in beds, and borders.
- If growing in pots, choose a fairly large pot with good drainage. You may need to re-pot as the plant grows.
- Best grown in neutral to acidic soil.
Growing Tips & Pruning Advice
- Keep moisture consistent in the first two years. Thereafter they will tolerate wet and dry spells well.
- White flowers will appear in spring and summer, fruits follow in summer.
- Pruning can take place from the second year in Feb/Mar. Cut back any shoots which make harvesting difficult and any damaged shoots.
- Plants are hardy and will provide lovely autumn colours.
- You should be able to harvest in late summer/early autumn.